Immerse yourself in the city’s ancient history while also learning about Athens as it is today on this jam-packed Athens tour.
- Discover the hippest locales in Athens — trendy coffee shops, music studios, and artists’ workshops — and watch the city’s most innovative creators at work.
- Discover the modern street food scene of Athens and treat your taste buds to some of the locals’ favourite gourmet snacks.
- Learn about one of the biggest street art scenes in the world.
- Venture into the alleyways and back lanes to discover vibrant cultural spaces and hear the myths and tales behind our most famous city sites.
- Sip on Greek coffee and spirits, and treat your taste buds to sweet snacks and delicious meze.
- Adults Ages 12+
- Children Ages 6-11
- Infants Ages 0-5
Embrace the Athenian Lifestyle
Get the real Athens experience on this tour that takes you from the old town to the hippest city neighbourhoods, diving deep into local food and exploring the hottest drinking venues in town. Embrace the Athenian lifestyle as you eat your way through the city like a true local — and find out why Greeks love to party all night long!
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- All of the stores you visit on your tour are 100% locally owned and run. Supporting small-scale, locally-run businesses helps to preserve the traditional character of old Athens.
- Your tour highlights centuries-old recipes, tastes, and traditions that could be lost if not preserved.
- As part of your tour, you will meet the owner of a family-run store that serves organic delicacies made with ingredients sourced from his farm in central Greece.
- Your tour supports the creativity of Greece’s new generation of mixologists by taking you to bars to taste signature cocktails and other liquors that are based on traditional spirits and recipes.
- All of the food you sample during your tour is sourced from the Greek countryside.
Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, 4 extreme food samples (at 4 different stops) bottled water a glass of local wine. 1 cocktail and 2 alcoholic beverages (3 bar stops), a snack (gourmet sandwich), glass of local spirit at each stop (3 bar stops), finger food (meze dishes), train fares.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: From 8 to 9 hours
- Meeting point: In front of the Church of Pantanassa, in Monastiraki Square (next to Monastiraki metro station). Our guide will be standing next to the church near the Taxi rank. View on Google Maps.
- Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///stacks.ribs.printer
- Starting time: 2.30 PM
- Ending point: Monastiraki metro station
This tour combines three of our most popular group tours: Extreme Bites, Posh Happy Hour and Twilight Athens.
Get to know Athens through its culinary and drinking traditions but don’t expect to eat moussaka and feta on this Greek food tour! Take a deep breath and get ready to try some extreme local bites — only those with strong stomachs need apply. Show yourself how brave you are by doing as the locals do and tasting some lesser-known traditional treats — if you dare!
After filling our bellies, it’s time for some drinks! We will pass by some of the most buzzing streets in Athens before making our first stop at one of the poshest neighbourhoods in Athens-Kolonaki, not only to spot local celebrities but to also enjoy three signature cocktails at unique venues.
Nicely lubricated, we’ll jump on a train and one stop later, we’ll arrive in a different neighbourhood, where our evening adventure continues.
We’ll visit three themed bars located in unique secret gardens and on rooftops with splendid vistas, hanging out with crowds of cheerful locals enjoying a night out in their hometown. You’ll get to check out corners of the city that only locals visit and uncover some of the city’s coolest spots.
Participation in some local drinking traditions, sampling ouzo and raki are not mandatory but strongly advised! We’ll pair them with some mouth-watering finger foods so you have something to soak up the liquor with. You’ll see how locals enjoy life in this city that never sleeps!
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress smart casual.
Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child Policy: Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour. Please remember to bring a valid government-issued ID with you.
We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at [email protected].