Immerse yourself in the city’s ancient history while also learning about Athens as it is today on this jam-packed Athens tour.
- Discover the most aristocratic district in Athens with a local guide and spot Greek celebrities out on the town.
- Enjoy a signature cocktail and two alcoholic beverages at three of our favourite hidden, local spots.
- Sample a gourmet organic snack made by local farmers and artisan producers.
- Learn about the cosmopolitan history of this old neighbourhood.
- Explore the nightlife traditions of a nation that knows how to party, and get some insider tips on how to keep the celebrations going after your tour ends!
- Adults 18+ years old
A Night Out in the Most Stylish District
Want to join the in-crowd and enjoy a night out in the most stylish district in Athens?
Leave your flip-flops at home, dress smart-casual and get ready to wander with the beautiful people as we sample gourmet snacks and try special drinks and signature cocktails in some of the most sophisticated bars and restaurants in the city.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- By visiting 100% local, small-scale businesses of the new generation of Athenians, you’ll help them thrive through financial crisis.
- As part of your tour, you’ll meet the owner of a family store that serves organic delicacies using ingredients sourced from his farm in central Greece.
- Your tour also supports the creativity of Greece’s new generation of mixologists by taking you to bars to taste signature cocktails and other liquors that are based on traditional spirits and recipes.
Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, 1 cocktail and 2 alcoholic beverages (3 bar stops), a snack (gourmet sandwich) and bottled water.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Meeting point: At the exit of Panepistimio metro station (in front of the old building of the University of Athens, on Panepistimiou Street).
- Exact GPS Coordinates of the meeting point: 37.980161, 23.733413. View on Google Maps.
- Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///pastels.asks.tables
- Starting time: 6.00 PM
- Ending point: Panepistimio metro station
After meeting your friendly local guide, we will take a (slightly) uphill walk towards the neighbourhood of Kolonaki.
Only a few blocks away from the main arteries of the city, Kolonaki is the city’s poshest district, offering expensive boutiques, luxury brands, high-end bars, and fancy restaurants to anyone with the good sense to visit.
This area has some seriously chic credentials too, attracting the likes of Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Melina Merkouri
We will pass by some of the most buzzing streets in Athens before making our first stop at one of the most impressive buildings in the area, which is totally hidden in a narrow pedestrian street.
The composer of the Greek National Anthem once lived in this neoclassical gem. In recent times it has been transformed into a retro-style bar beloved by the locals. We’ll take a seat on top of the roof garden and enjoy a signature cocktail as you admire those city views!
Athenians love pedestrian streets that feature cosy bars with terraces and so, we’ll head to one of our favourite examples of this and refresh your palate with an alcoholic beverage.
As we sip our drinks we’ll chat with some of the ultra-cool ‘regulars’ who always make a beeline for this place, one of the oldest and all-time classic bars in the city of Athens.
After our second drink, it’s time to wake up those taste buds with a gourmet sandwich made with all organic ingredients. The home of our snack has been a famous cheesemaker since the 1930s and is known for its collaboration with and support of local Greek farmers and small artisan producers.
Our fabulous evening tour continues with a stroll through Kolonaki Square and Tsakalof (another pedestrian street) where Greek celebrities can often be spotted dining at its café tables. A stop here for our last drink is an absolute must!
From our last stop, you’ll have the option to head off on your own or (and we thoroughly recommend the second option!) you could keep your night going with your new Urban Adventures friends! Your guide will be more than happy to point you in the direction of another great bar — there are plenty to choose from!
Before we part ways, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to amazing Athens.
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress in smart casual clothing.
Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child Policy: Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour. Please remember to bring a valid government-issued ID with you.
We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at [email protected].