Immerse yourself in the city’s ancient history while also learning about Athens as it is today on this jam-packed Athens tour.
- Discover the hippest locales in Athens — trendy coffee shops, music studios, and artists’ workshops — and watch the city’s most innovative creators at work.
- Discover the modern street food scene of Athens and treat your taste buds to some of the locals’ favourite gourmet snacks.
- Learn about one of the biggest street art scenes in the world.
- Venture into the alleyways and back lanes to discover vibrant cultural spaces and hear the myths and tales behind our most famous city sites.
- Sip on Greek coffee and spirits, and treat your taste buds to sweet snacks and delicious meze.
- Adults Ages 12+
- Children Ages 6-11
- Infants Ages 0-5
Experience Alternative and Hipster Athens
Join this total Athens tour to experience the modern side of the city. Take a detour down Athens’ back alleys and into neighbourhoods you won’t find in your guidebook!
Think alternative and hipster Athens, where bohemian shops, amazing street art, hidden courtyards, and indie cafés attract locals — and travellers who want to escape the selfie stick fest by the Acropolis.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour supports the new generation of Athenians, such as young artists, by promoting their work and their enterprises to help them thrive through financial crisis.
- At least one store on your itinerary is dedicated to the promotion of the multicultural and multi-ethnic character of the neighbourhoods you visit on this tour.
- By joining this tour you are helping to support businesses in neighborhoods that don’t generally benefit from tourism.
Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, 2 gourmet and organic snacks (2 street food spots), 2 sweet delights, coffee, glass of local spirits/wine, a local sweet, a “meze” plate (finger food), train ticket. You will be offered enough food to comfortably skip lunch!
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: From 6 to 7 hours
- Meeting point: Korai Street/Square in front of Starbucks (next to Panepistimio metro station). Your guide will be standing next to the entrance of Starbucks holding an Athens Urban Adventures sign. View on Google Maps.
- Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///smaller.signal.hinders
- Starting time: 12.30 PM
- Ending point: Monastiraki metro station
This Athens total tour combines two of our most popular group tours: Athens Reloaded Hipster Walk and Bohemian Tales of the City.
Meet the new generation of Athenians and check out how the city centre has transformed into a lively hub due to the locals’ creativity throughout the financial crisis. Join us for this absolute hipster tour and discover Athens’ modern street food scene, its hip coffee bars, and its edgy art and meet some of the people behind this cultural wave.
This is new Athens! On this tour, we’ll help you capture the best spots of the city and blow up your Instagram account!
You will try unique street food with a twist (Hawaiian sushi made from fresh local Greek fish) to traditional Greek mezedes (local tapas), sipping the new wave of coffee and local spirits such as Mastiha liqueur.
Continuing our walk, we’ll head off the beaten track and into back lanes and past bohemian workshops, to see how everyday life is for middle-class Athenians. We’ll check out the surprisingly bustling art scene in the city streets — in fact, the street art scene in Athens is one of the biggest in the world, and even the word ‘graffiti’ comes from the Greek word grafi, which means ‘written.’
During our Athens tour, we’ll see the old mingling with the new, along streets that connect (or divide) the past and the present. Think ancient tombs, factory chimneys, art centres, and hidden courtyards.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay.
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress smart casual.
Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at [email protected].